View Single Post
Old 03-08-09, 09:06 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Non Clipless fall

Weather was better yesterday but gardening and home duties got in the way of a ride. So Sunday morning and 45 F and 30mph winds but some good sun to warm me up mentally. Thanks to the wind- I planned a route to give me some shelter- unless it was going to be at my back . Broke with my norm and did 38 miles to the cafe ( Pic of pie attached). Thanks to the Wind- I had decided to Go west under Tree cover and then back to the cafe. Decided to go to Pevensey to take a pic of part of our English Heritage so the first "Norman" church to be built in England is as an attachment aswell. From there it was just going to be 10 miles back home but just as I crossed the Cuckoo line (A Local MUP)- I saw the kids from the road out on a ride with one of the parents. Who says kids today don't exercise. I joined in with them as with only one adult, who is not a cyclist or any form of fitness pervert, he was having difficulties.

Suffice it to say that we got the Kids safely home but the 8 year olds were just about finished. One good thing came out of it though. The adult tried my bike. This is one person in the road that will run away from me as soon as I mention bike riding- just in case in his enebriated stupour that he is probably in at the end of the night- I get him to agree to a bike ride. He wants me to get him fit enough to do a 50 mile bike ride. Just to show his mates at work that he is not the unfit person they all know he is. First ride will be next saturday and he will be riding the OCR. Only a 20 miler and he is going to get sponsorship for A charity we have over here called Comic relief.

So 54 miles done today and I had better get onto that Fall. Going through Pevensy and I took a shortcut through the castle grounds. At one point there were a few walkers so I unclipped just in case I had to stop suddenly. Got to the track stand stage and put pressure on the pedal and slipped off the damn thing. Straight over onto soft grass and mud so no damage. And someone did enquire if I was OK but They were a bit shocked when I told them that there was a rare Primrose just begiing to flower in the long grass and I just wanted to check it out. As I left the scene- I looked back to see two women looking in the grass where I had fallen- They obviously believed me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Pie.jpg (93.0 KB, 47 views)
Church.jpg (51.2 KB, 43 views)
Kids.jpg (103.8 KB, 50 views)

Spike Milligan