View Single Post
Old 03-08-09, 10:38 AM
Briareos

Bikes: No bike at the moment; In process of building it.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
System Six 4, Sram Rival. The shop said it was the last one off the line for that particular model. The only proof I have is my Cannondale headtube badge is upside down...sort of an homage from the workers or something . I've ridden about 30 miles on it and decided I want to ride classic road bikes. Cost me $2,400. I'm in the midst of selling it. I hope to get a bit more of it since it's a 2008 model and the last year they were made before Cannondale replaced it with the bloody "Six".

So I've collected almost all of DA 7400 8 speed and I'm just looking for a frame for it. I desperately want a Bridgestone RB-1, or a Panasonic, since they're Japanese (and so is Shimano...yes I'm one of those people...).

Please don't tell me to keep the Cannondale, I feel like a real ass on it. It's so "fancy" and it's just not me.

I contacted www.yellowjersey.org in Madison Wisconsin who has an account with Panasonic and they want $1,800 bucks for a frame!

So I paid a visit to Yojimbo's Garage run by Marcus (great fellow), and he had a Fuji he was dying to get rid of with a 1" threadless stem and a horrible (to me) paintjob. He said he'd give me the frame alone for about $350ish, and with the massive money I saved I could repaint it anyway I want and get a threaded straight fork I wanted.

EDIT: Maybe YellowJersey would consider a trade...