View Single Post
Old 03-08-09, 07:32 PM
breakaway9
Fred Wannabe

Bikes: 2008 Rocky Mountain - Sherpa 30 ** 1990 Diamondback - Apex ** 199? Fixed Gear Frankenbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
PURE BS...there are plenty of car free people in the US that have no need for a car and I suspect many more that have cars and don't really need them. My son has lived car free for the past 3 years. I have a friend that was born and raised in NYC and has NEVER had a car or a driver's license.

Aaron
Right I know a few people without cars, and it is possible. Like I mentioned above, I can significantly reduce the amount I use a car, which is great, but due to geographical limitations of living in the west, with my lifestyle choices (i.e hunting and fishing) I could not really go car free at this point. Maybe someday in the future (maybe we all will... like it or not... LOL...) but I want to do what I can to make a difference everyday, and rather than plan out exactly how to go car free right now, I though a better action was to take a step in that direction. back to what you were saying, many people can live car free and do, an I commend them for it, whether they are doing it by choice or not, it's not easy to give up that crutch.