Old 01-18-05, 09:00 AM
Team853
Slowpoke

Bikes: 2000 Norco Team 853

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
All right, I think I'm going to join this club. I need all the help I can get. I weighed myself this morning and I've hit 213, which is the heaviest I've ever been. I'm 5'11" and should probably weigh somewhere is the range of 170 or so. I turn 30 this year and I've made it my goal to be in better shape at 30 than I was at 20. Although I was skinny at 20 (probably 130 or so) I wasn't in great shape, so I think this goal is attainable.

Anyway, I'd like to get to 170 by September 2 (my birthday), but it's going to take a lot of work. Does anyone here have advice on cutting out junk food? That's my Achilles heal. I drink way too much Coke and eat too much of things like potato chips and other salty snacks. I also used to eat McDonald's and crap like that way too often, but since New Year's I haven't eaten fast food. I've tried cutting back on the Coke and snacks, but it seems like an addiction. I just can't do it for a sustained period of time. Whenever my stress level goes up, I talk myself into believing I "deserve" something I like, and before you know it I'm overeating again.

Part of the problem may be that like some others in this thread, I used to be really skinny and could eat anything and everything I wanted. I used to actually have a really hard time gaining weight. I think that period allowed me to develop really bad eating habits, which are now hard to shake.

Advice?