View Single Post
Old 03-12-09, 02:51 AM
mikebeauchamp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike Touring Movie finally done!

About 2 and a half years ago, I posted a preview of a movie I was working on about bike touring across Canada. Well, I'm relieved to say that I finally got this project done!

The whole movie (60 minutes) is online and can be watched and downloaded on the site...

http://mikebeauchamp.com/crosscanada

I really want to thank everyone that responded to the original thread (http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=250791). A lot of people gave me some really awesome encouragement to get this project done... and reading through the comments really motivated me to finally finish this thing. The feedback I received was really insightful and I kept it in mind during the whole editing process. I think I've made a movie that pretty accurately represents my experiences and I hope you guys like it. It was pretty hard for me finally getting this movie done... I think having 20 hours of footage was pretty overwhelming, and I really wanted to do it properly so people who "get" bicycle touring can relate to it, and maybe people that don't get it can at least have an opportunity to. Since I posted the original preview, I moved to New Zealand with a girl that I would have never met if I didn't do this tour. I've done some other tours as well (California coast) and I'm planning on doing more. It's crazy how much this tour changed my life actually...

Anyways, I hope I've captured a bit of what bicycle touring is all about... and I really hope you guys like it!

A few people have told me that the vimeo version of the video sometimes sometimes stops working 42 minutes into the movie. I'm in the process of correcting that, in the meantime the Downloadable version still works and I've added a new streaming version that should work.

Mike

Last edited by mikebeauchamp; 03-13-09 at 12:43 AM.