Old 03-16-09, 08:53 AM
Scummer
Genetics have failed me

Bikes: Norwid Aaland, Radon Slide 140, Elom 505 Titan, Dahon mju, Pedalforce CX1, Battaglin Power+, Old MTB and lots of spare parts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts
I used the gym exercise bikes from about December to beginning of March every Monday and Wednesday and sometimes Saturday.
Did my first race yesterday with a mixed cat4/cat5 group and I was able to hang and actually get 3rd place in my category. So compared to last year my fitness level is much better and I've done only 4 or 5 rides outside during the time I was on the exercise bike.

I also used a bike that has a color LCD screen and shows you all kind of crap like Watts, pace, HR, distance, cadence etc etc. And it lets you select intervals, hill repeats, random hill, fitness test and you can download the workout data to your USB stick and the data is also being sent to a central computer where you can look at your stats on the web.

The only thing I didn't like, the pedals started to slip once you applied more than 500W. So no good for sprint training at all as the crank would just slip through every push of the pedal.

Thomas