Old 03-17-09, 06:19 AM
danathompson

Bikes: Azub Tricon 26 folder, WAW velomobile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This one is for injured Veterans

I am riding from DC to Gettysburg with dozens of disabled and severely injured veterans from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to thank them for their service and to let them know that they can still be active members of the TEAM. TEAM stands for The Exceptional Athlete Matters. Many of these veterans have overcome severe injuries to be able to ride, sometimes modified human powered vehicles, great distances. This physical activity has enabled many to rehabilitate and compensate for the loss of limbs and other physical abilities suffered, due to war injuries. I expect riding with the disabled servicemen to be a privilege and a true eye-opening and life changing experience and I am looking forward to participating in the ride. Having lost the use of my left hand in a chain saw accident as a teenager, I may identify with some. I used to think that the legs were stronger than the arms, but I suspect that this ride may teach me that the strongest part of the body is really the "HEART.” Please help by making a donation. Thank you.

PLEASE go to this link http://www.active.com/donate/2009FOA/danathompson to make a small donation

Dana A Thompson, CPA