Glimmers of form

Bikes: Cannondale SystemSix 3, Specialized Stumpjumper M4 Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by umd
San Dimas Cat 3 Race Report: The suck.

I did ok in the TT on friday, putting in a 16:44 for 49th out of 95 on Glendora Mountain Road. Was hoping for 16:30 and top half of the field, but I got about what I expected.

The road race today is a 7 mile circuit with a long gradual ascent and a rudely steep but relatively short hill. We were doing 8 laps for 56 miles and with a lot of talk of fields ripping apart and 5% time cuts I was getting a little worried.

I got dropped finishing the fifth lap and did the sixth completely solo. Worked with another guy for the last two but finished 10 minutes back from the field, about 2:30 past the time cut. The suck.
I'm going to take some liberties and do my own lazy report.

San Dimas Cat 2 Race Report: The suck.

I did ok in the TT on friday, putting in a 15:33 for 43th out of 95 on Glendora Mountain Road. Was hoping for 15:30 and top half of the field, but I got about what I expected.

The road race today is a 7 mile circuit with a long gradual ascent and a rudely steep but relatively short hill. We were doing 8 laps for 56 miles and with a lot of talk of fields ripping apart and 5% time cuts I was getting a little worried.

I got dropped finishing the fourth lap and pulled out.