Old 03-23-09, 08:34 PM
cyrano138

Bikes: 1986 Schwinn LeTour, 1977 Raleigh Super Course (converted to fixed gear), 199X GT outpost

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by darksiderising
It is stupid.

Whenever "fixie" riders try to race me when I am on a geared road ride, I drop them. When I get home, I don't go post about it in the road forum.

Just ride your damn bikes. You obviously aren't enjoying bicycling enough if you feel the need to "beat" someone else who doesn't give a **** about you or the made up race you have created in your mind.
Originally Posted by darksiderising
I sincerely apologize to anyone who was offended by my use of a comparison to make a point in my original post. I don't see it as hypocritical or ironic, but several people seem to object.

I did not intend for this thread to be any sort of trolling attempt. I just hadn't seen a thread dedicated to discussing the endless supply of threads about dropping other people on bikes, so I thought I'd voice my opinion. Thanks for engaging in this discussion!
I'm trying to reconcile these two posts and I'm just not coming up with anything. I guess I'm prideful or illiterate because the first seems like an obvious effort to antagonize a group of people, and the second seems like a lame attempt to deflect the backlash. Oh, okay. I guess that's the reconciliation.

Last edited by cyrano138; 03-23-09 at 08:38 PM.