Old 03-24-09, 08:23 AM
crackerjab
WTF is that smell?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
I can't figure out why I'm feeling in a rut: I've been in CO for 5 months now. Made some great friends, have a feeling of job security (kinda, but not a huge worry anyway), am really enjoying volunteering, fundraising and triathlon training with the LLS, adopted a little pup that is a bit of a concern, but still fun... but I keep thinking about moving back to MN.

Yesterday I inquired about a job in the cities I think I have a shot at (and some connections, too).

I'm usually a very content person. It doesn't take a lot to please me, and I've never really felt the grass is greener elsewhere.

so, wtf?
My marriage ended because of a similar situation. That being said it took me 7 or 8 months after moving to really get settled in and enjoy it (she stayed for about 5 months, 2 were were in the hospital and recovery). If you hold out and really make and effort to disconnect from homw you grow some roots and it will start feeling like home. It's been almost 2 years for me and now when I go back I don't like to stay more than a couple of days because I miss my new home.