Old 03-24-09, 08:33 PM
JunkYardBike
Dropped

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by wrk101
Depends where you live. If you are in a smaller population area, best bet is ebay. To sell on ebay takes perfect seller rating (100% feedback), a very well written ad, with awesome pictures. And you will have to be willing and ABLE to properly ship the bike.

I pick up similar bikes when ads are poorly written, sellers refuse to ship and so on. Those make for great deals as a buyer, but not too hot as a seller. If you are unsure of what a good ad looks like, research history on similar bikes, and see who is getting the best prices (and who did the worst).

By the way, "professional" store front ebay stores are often not the answer. Some of the poorest written ads with lousy pictures come from those shops. They are generalists, and certainly not expert on bicycles. I have a couple of them marked as "my favorite" sellers on ebay, so I get notified whenever they post a bike (or other item for that matter).

If you live in San Fran, Chicago, Seattle, Portland, NYC or Boston, you can probably do pretty good on Craigs List. Even on Craigs List, you need a well written ad, with great pictures and details. But it eliminates the shipping hassles. Craigs List in smaller areas is better suited for the $100 to $200 bikes.
Your work in VVI has paid off. This is the most succinct, universal, and helpful response I've read here. Well done. I think this should be the standard cut-and-paste reply for most neophyte value inquires. I hereby nominate you for the job!