Old 03-27-09, 04:19 AM
PDR

Bikes: Brompton S2L-X, Bridgestone Moulton, 1963 & 1966 Moultons, Scott Mountain bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Got my new Brompton (Raw Lacquer, Lightweight S-Type)

I picked up my new Brompton last night. It is a 2009 S2L-X, in Raw Lacquer. Lightweight Titanium version with no guards, rack or lights. I bought an S-Type Bag and a bike cover, both seem really well made.

I waited 10 weeks for this bike.... and now I am VERY HAPPY the bike looks wonderful.

I was concerned that the new semi matt raw lacquer finish might not look very nice but my fears were unfounded, as I think the frame looks really good.

Sorry that the photos aren’t that good, I took them indoors this morning (on our venom extraction bench). I will try and get some better photos tomorrow, taken outdoors.
I chose the 2-speed version of the bike to keep the weight to a minimum... I rode up the hill this morning with ease using the lowest gear, so I think my home-work studying gear inches paid off.
This bike does feel different to my Dahon MU SL, it certainly feels stiffer and better made. Only done a short distance so far, so I will report my findings once I have put a few miles on it, but so far I’m happy:

Last edited by PDR; 03-27-09 at 04:26 AM.