Thread: IRO Model 19
View Single Post
Old 03-27-09, 06:17 AM
mjw16

Bikes: IRO Model 19, Surly Crosscheck, 1989 Arnie Nashbar, Cannondale CAADX, Niner Air 9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK...... Looks like I'll be the first, I just ordered one. After getting a return email from IRO, and talking with tech support, I"m more confident in the 19's: susp. fork compatibility, frame/ebb durability, overall handling and toughness and, the appropriate size. They said they really put it to this frame and are confident in it's ability to handle a big guy. Also, a co-worker who rides said he's heard good things about their road bikes. With the basic parts spec' it came it at just under 900 bones. I got the 18t cog, hopefully, along w/ the 32t chainring, that will be flexible enough for the type of riding I do. I could have opted for the Chris King headset but, that was another $100, so I'll stick with the FSA for now. I'm also getting it without pedals, I'll move my 959's from another bike. I'll ride it rigid, see how that goes, but am already looking at a Reba 80mm, that may be first upgrade, then maybe the King headset, when the orig. needs to be replaced. Anyway, I'm psyched! It feels like I'm getting back to simpler, less technology-intensive times, it's always a shot in the arm when you get a new bike too.

I will send an update once I get some dirt on the thing.