Thread: At last !!!
View Single Post
Old 03-27-09, 11:41 AM
farnorth51

Bikes: Tour Easy, Gold Rush, EZ-1, EZ-3, Bike E, Bike E tandem, Double Vision, Easy Rider SC, Invacare Handcrank, Vision R-40,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Tour Easys

Lenny, I absolutely know where you are coming from about the Tour Easy. I bought my first one in 83 and have over 50,000 miles on it! I still ride it daily here in Anchorage, Alaska. The ash from our volcanoes doesn't slow it down at all! The only thing I've changed is the seat. I have a cool back as well since the large frame was just a tad small for my long legs and I ended up pushing the old cobra seat back into the rear wheel until I had worn a groove in it and broke it! The silver lining was that I replaced it with the cool back and got an additional inch or so of inseam length so that it now fits me much better. I eventually bought a Gold Rush which I keep down at my parents home in the lower 48s for riding. They are just great bicycles. I put a granny gear on my years ago and so there is just about no hill I can't climb as long as I'm spinning. I have purchased many recumbents since buying that first Tour Easy and have enjoyed them all but rarely have the others had the same comfort, cool look, and just basic common sense design.