View Single Post
Old 03-27-09, 07:33 PM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"

Bikes: to many to list

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by LeCollectif
I picked up a cheap pair of Soma track drops off of CL this week as I've been riding exclusively with risers or bullhorns.

My first impressions: These have to be the most impractical and uncomfortable bars for street use. Their narrow size offers zero stability from a start position and lead to fatigue very quickly. I'm a little overweight (spare tire) and as such, the aggressive position they put me in was quite uncomfortable after only a few minutes. About the only thing I did like about them was the enhanced acceleration I got while in the drops. Other than that, for me at least, they're a track-only component.

Anyway, thoughts? Anyone prefer them for street use?
I agree, why would I want to get used to them? Im sure I can get used to a thorn in my foot, but why would I want to do that? they're fun for a bit, but in the end they suck for the street.
You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve