Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Originally Posted by stapfam
Come off it- Last year I was gloating over the fact that the UK had won 9 golds- and just a few years ago Australia had a team that unbeatable. So Bear up and grin. Theres only one place you can go from such a high

Well done to the US. But the worlds haven't finished yet- Still time for the UK and Australia to win another couple of bits of plastic.
I do not know if you are aware that Chris Hoy was not at Worlds. He has an injured hip. The UK did have great success last year as I so noted. And you are correct...the competition is not over yet. Good luck and safe racing to all.

Originally Posted by BluesDawg
Way to go Taylor! I think we'll be hearing a lot of big things out of this guy before he's done.

Good job by your local friends, Hermes.

As for Cavendish, I read somewhere that he was doing some track races to improve his leg speed for sprints in the road races. You can bet that if he stays with it for long, he will start to improve greatly.

Europa, has the funk in your shoes made you suddenly PC? We all like to pull for our own guys. Nothing wrong with that. Those are the ones we know more about. Something tells me there will be plenty of opportunities to brag on Aussie accomplishments on the track and the roads.
Cavendish is a track guy with two gold medals at Worlds. Here is some info from the Wiki.......
Mark Cavendish (born Douglas, Isle of Man 21 May 1985[1]) is a Manx and British racing cyclist who rides for UCI ProTeam Team Columbia-High Road. Originally a track cyclist in the madison, points race, and scratch race, he has also competed on the road since 2006. He is a double Madison World Champion and Commonwealth Games gold medallist on the track. As a road cyclist, he has risen to prominence as a sprinter. He achieved eleven wins in his first professional season, equalling the record held by Alessandro Petacchi. In the 2008 Tour de France he won four stages, unprecedented in British cycling, and has since been described as the fastest sprinter in the world. He continued his winning ways in 2009 by taking the prestigious spring classic, Milan-Sanremo. Cavendish started racing informally at 12, as a mountain-bike rider.[2] He lives in Manchester and Tuscany, Italy.[3]