bautieri
Downtown Spanky Brown

Bikes: Motobecane Phantom Cross Pro Kona Lana'I

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by </intolerance>
I'm curious if the posters above who suggest you "take your balls out of your purse" are married themselves.

A real relationship is about give and take. Maybe his wife has a reason for not wanting two bikes in the house, like they couldn't walk around in the living room.

That being said, you should explore some other possibilities like the wall rack that was mentioned. I would imagine your wife might have a different outlook on the situation after seeing that your wheels were stolen because it was outside. She probably thought in the past that there was no way anyone would want to steal the Fred bike because it was "too ugly" or something.

I would approach her again and see if you can come to some sort of agreement.
+1

Fortunatly my wife doesn't mind my bicycles being in the house so long as they are in the basement or garage. Even when we lived in a little townhouse she didn't mind them in the kitchen so long as noone tripped over them. To the others telling the OP to man up, perhaps the wife isn't thrilled with the prospect of a wet and grimy commuter bike on a white carpet. It's possible that the bike that is allowed inside is only used on warm sunny days.

Sorry to hear about the wheels, maybe once she understands what it is going to cost to replace the wheels, rubber, and cable lock that was stolen/destroyed she may change her mind about allowing the Fred bike inside.