Old 03-31-09, 08:25 PM
canflyboy 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To answer Andre Nickatina's question about the bars, the Jamis has Deda Pista bars and the Blue has an Aerus Track bar. I think the Aerus is an OEM for Blue.

Both bikes came with lots of stem spacers. My first step is to use a road bar or the Nitto 125's as mentioned. I like the Nitto's because they look as if they have the reach that a track bar has, but not the deep drop like the Jamis/Blue setup.

I had a chance to spend about and hour on both bikes, stickly parking lot stuff, and I have to say that even a relative newbie like myself noticed an immediate difference between the two bikes. The best way to describe it would be to say the Jamis handles like a Lotus sports car whereas, in comparison, the Blue rode more like a Mercedes sports car.

The Jamis' 39mm shorter wheelbase, coupled with its 8mm less front rake and 20mm tires is what's giving the bike it's nimble, aggresive feeling. Jamis is also a pound lighter.

We'll see what it'll do at the velodrome, possibly this weekend.

1970 Raleigh Tourist, 1972 Raleigh Sports, 1984 Miele Road Bike SS, 1985 Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Opus Avro 29er, Jamis Sonik, Donnelly G//C , Bianchi San Jose, Cervelo SL-SLC, Cervelo S3 Di2, Ridley X-Bow Commuter and a wife that loves me!