View Single Post
Old 04-01-09, 02:29 PM
trueno92
Building a better Strida

Bikes: bianchi brava 1988. fuji track 2007, 2006 Bianchi Pista, 1987 Miele and a strida knock off

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
on another note, my fake strida is still doing very well, however the snubber bearing had moved from riding the bike in snow and getting snow packed between the belt. the strida handles well in up to 3 cm of snow, however. it moves effortlessly.

also, from training on my trackbike and riding my roadbike more, i can pedal the little strida quite fast at 120rpm.. surprisingly, it holds up ok, but won't be winning any races with its pitiful gearing.

however, im quite sure the gearing is as such because the bike would be a tad dangerous should it have the ability to go faster. 0-rake mono fork makes for quite a twitchy ride + short wheel base = nerves of steel.

my fake wheels are actually the same as a genuine strida, spoke count/pattern and aluminum materials. with 100psi tires and crappy roads, its been holding up fine.

Ming cycle, you want to hire me. I'm not asking, I'm telling. If you have a position for international PR person, consider it filled.