View Single Post
Old 04-02-09, 12:23 PM
tjspiel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
I really appreciate that my company allows us to bring out bikes into the office but I consider it a privilege and would understand if they were to one day decide to change their mind.

It may mean that I'd keep my "nice bike" at home more often than not.

That doesn't mean you have to give up hope. Find out who made the decision and request 15 minutes of their time. See if you can find out ahead of the meeting what their objections are and come up with solutions. Be prepared for the objections not being entirely rational. Above all be courteous and no matter what the ultimate answer his, thank them for their consideration.

As a manager I find that there are things I have a gut negative reaction to and given time to mull it over I can change my mind. That's most likely to happen when I'm presented with a well thought out argument in a level headed manor. I have more than once said no then a few days or weeks later reconsidered. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.

Skip any BS about it beneficial to the company unless the benefits are pretty concrete and demonstrable.

Last edited by tjspiel; 04-02-09 at 12:29 PM.