Old 04-02-09, 03:51 PM
tkehler

Location: My family and I -- wife and two young children -- live in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Bikes: TST ti 'cross bike (commuter); Guru ti road bike; recumbent; Airnimal Chameleon folding racing bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Am I a Fred?

Confession: I might be a Fred. Do you think so?

I'm a 45 year old doctor, with a love of bikes. It's not like I'm rich because I can't afford a house, but then again I have young kids and live in a condo. (A house would be nice but this is Vancouver, and I buy too many books, too much nice red wine -- one-two glasses a day, quality over quantity -- and too much hiking gear. AND too much bike stuff...)

I have three ti bikes, all bought used. Two nice ones and a lower end one. (A few years ago, when my mom was dying, she gave me a couple of grand and said "buy yourself a nice bike", and I just kept it up.) I'm an SRAM Force and X-9 kind of guy, so as you can tell, I buy good stuff but not elite or the "best" stuff. I am 6 one and pretty strong but weigh ~180-ish when I should lose 10 off my torso and weigh 170-ish. It shows a bit when I wear lycra.

I'm not a poser since I don't really care what others think, but my bikes and bike stuff are probably "too good for me". Am I a Fred?