View Single Post
Old 04-06-09, 01:03 PM
opie-gone-road

Bikes: Chris Kopp Ti Custom Cyclo-Cross: Chris King Headset. DT Swiss RR1.2's with Chris King Disc Hubs (32-hole), SRAM Rival shifters, Front + Rear Derailleur, BB7 Discs, Brooks B17

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Calling all you Scots!

Hello! I'm a very avid cyclist from the U.S. who's moving to Glasgow this coming Autumn to pursue a postgraduate degree in Scottish History. I studied in Glasgow my 3rd year at University, but I didn't have a bike for the entire 4 months (these days, I really have no idea how I managed the lack of velo back then). Right now I live in the glorious bicycling Mecca of Portland, OR. I was hoping that I could get some advice for my cycling arrival, as it were, to the land of the Rampant Lion. I'm most likely going to do a bit of inner-city riding and hoping to get out to the countryside (Perthshire, Galloway, Ayrshire) and up to the high-country on the weekends. And just because I am curious, are there any sort of Spring Classics commemoration rides held in country? Reason I ask is that in Portland (which often times gets the title 'Belgium on the Willamette') we just had the Ronde van Oeste Portlandia in honor of the REAL Ronde.
If your interested, check it out:

http://bikeportland.org/2009/04/04/m...t-at-de-ronde/

Anyways, please let me know what's what in my soon-to-be adopted home. Looking forward to getting to know the cycling community, not just in Scotland, but the borderlands and UK in general.

~opie