View Single Post
Old 04-10-09, 06:32 PM
bumknee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did I get screwed ? - need your opinion

I went to my LBS and ordered a Kona Big Unit 29er. The owner checked stock and said he could order it and I could pick it up in 2 weeks. I paid him full retail. 2K A few days later he calls me and says the bikes are not in stock with Kona, but he can get the frame and all the same components and build it.

I picked up the bike today. When I got home I noticed the fork color wasnt the same as on the catalog. No big deal, it is white instead of black. But then I start to look at the detail of the components and see they are not all the same as the spec. He told me all the components were available.

Do I have a problem I need to address with the owner OR are the components he used of similar spec and quality. (if they are I am OK - even though he should have told me)

OK you pieces and parts gurus....I didnt list what he gave me that was spec.... Chime in - is anything he gave me an upgrade or is it all lower cost components?

WHAT WAS KONA SPEC *************** WHAT HE GAVE ME

Fox 32 F29 RL 80mm black ************** Same spec but wrong color white
FSA Orbit DL ************************ FSA
RaceFace Atlas SS Arms *************** Avid Vdrive
RaceFace Atlas SS Crank ************** Avid
Shimano M520 Clipless pedal ************* Kona Platform (this was my request)
Kona XC/BC Deluxe Riser **************** FSA 282
Kona XC/BC Deluxe ******************** FSA OS190
Formula Disc ************************* Avid Disc
Formula Disc ************************* Avid Disc
Mavic TN 719 Rims ******************** Sun Ringle Equalizer 23
WTB Rocket V Comp Seat *************** WTB Laser V

The rims look especially concerning - they are awfull narrow on those big tires - I weigh 230lbs