Old 04-12-09, 06:11 PM
nbac23
I carry one spare tire.

Bikes: 96 Gary Fisher Montare, 07 Kona Jake

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Today I had my first official ride that was over 20 miles where my average was over 15 mph.

15.6 on this 36 mile route. http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/276371

I wasn't even really working it too hard either. I used a bit of the BWI trail and the WB&A trail. Once you get out of the city, its MUCH easier to get your speed up. Most of my rides at least start/end in the city so I think that is what crushes my average mph. Sometimes getting away from the hills is fun.

I would also like to add that my new carbon fiber bike is MUCH smoother than my chromoly/aluminum bike. My Kona will now only be used to travel to Oriole Games. I honestly never thought that it would make this much of a difference. I did have some issues with my cassette. When buying the bike I was discussing with the shop about my cassette options. I was told the bike came with a 12-25 cassette. I was inquiring about a 11-25. They said that I could go to 11-23 if I wanted but they didnt have a 11-25. I did not want to give up the 25 (and I would have had to pay for the 11-23).

After a few rides, I decided to count the teeth. It had an 11-23 on there. I took it back and they put a 11-25 on there like I had wanted in the first place! no charge......... I got the cassette that I wanted in the first place and I was a very happy customer. and Go O's!