Old 04-14-09, 09:09 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,694 Times in 2,516 Posts
Originally Posted by Hot Potato
And just think, no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, you are never, EVER going to get those 2 minutes of your life back! The scoundrel! Running him into a ditch would be too kind for you paying such a high price?
it probably cost the OP exactly zero time. This is what amazes me. Idiot drivers that can't stomach the notion that they might have to -- potentially -- expend some small amount of effort to avoid another vehicle operator. I don't get honked at often, but the last time I was honked at, it was by two people that were operating the only vehicles in sight on a 4 lane road. I don't usually ride on that road because of the idiot drivers, but this was when the university was closed so nobody was on the road.

There is a road near me that has fairly heavy traffic, so I usually ride on the shoulder. Speed limit is only 35, so this is entirely a matter of courtesy on my part. I was right-hooked on Sunday. It made me realize that my status on the shoulder is less than clear. I'm going to be taking the lane from now on.