View Single Post
Old 04-17-09, 10:27 PM
mad5427

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Again, both derailleurs are 105's, which along with the carbon front fork and rear seat stays completely sold us on the bike. The frame is aluminum.

The shifters are Shimano, not sure what models, but they are trigger shifters. Very comfortable.

The crankset is a Truvativ SRAM GXP Elita triple for the 52/39/30. I don't know anything about it. If it turns out to be fairly weak, along with the cassette, I'll have no reservation or hesitation to upgrade to 105 or Ultegra, etc. We saved a sick amount of money on this bike.

We figure that she'll be set for this whole summer without any changes. We'll see how she likes everything. Considering that we saved near $500, I wouldn't hesitate to put some money in to upgrade any components down the road. This bike seems so upgradable. If after some serious riding this summer, she's happy, we'll just keep it as is. The nice thing is we can afford to make improvements. If we bought the full priced 2009 Trek 7.6, we not only wouldn't of been able to afford all the extra goodies we got, but we wouldn't even think about upgrading anything for a long long time.

I guess Fuji only made DX and LX models in 2007 but they specially made a model called SX only for Performance Bike Shops since they are the largest seller of Fuji. It seems that the SX is an upgrade from the LX of that year by having the carbon rear seat stays and upgraded components across the board. It's a 17" model which is PERFECT sized for my wife. Two guys there were telling us that they have been trying to sell that bike for a very long time and were having trouble because of the size and, they think, because it's geared more for road riding than a lot of hybrids are. They were preaching that it truly has a quality set of components and a strong frame for such a price and have no idea why it's still there. Either way, we agreed as we felt the price was right for what we were getting. We both rode it for awhile and it's very comfortable. It easily felt as comfortable as the FX 7.6 and was so much lighter on the pocketbook.

Because of the savings, I bought my wife new handlebar grips (the ones on the bike were chinsy and could easily of been a deterrent to most who rode the bike, but seriously, it's $40 for the grips, we saved $500 on the bike compared to similar 2009 models), pedals, a new bike lock, a couple nice new water bottle holders to match the bike, a rack for the back, a bike computer and every item was also about 15-20% off due to their huge sale this weekend. I'm still ahead by some serious dough.

And to top it off, my wife is HAPPY!!! When she is happy, I am VERY happy. And with her comfortable on a bike now, I'll be riding way more often. Win/win! Tomorrow is going to be a fantastic day.