View Single Post
Old 04-18-09, 02:21 PM
hotbike

Bikes: a lowrider BMX, a mountain bike, a faired recumbent, and a loaded touring bike

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 30 Posts
17.8 miles today. I met up with the "C" division of the Long Island Bicycle Club at two miles, and rode with them for five miles. Then they stopped and ate lunch. I watched their bikes .

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2740320

The Route I took. The Club took me on a leg-burner. They went down a private road that led to the water, Long Island Sound. Then we climbed back uphill. They all had 120 pounds of air in their tires, I only had 90. Only me and Charley on the recumbent were wearing shorts. I waited while they ate lunch, but I didn't eat on account I had my own food in my panniers.

I had to leave the group because I wanted to carry out my plan to trim vegetation along Chicken Valley Road. Someone could get poked in the eye by the branches. The LIBC "C" group was not going on Chicken Valley.

I got onto Chicken Valley Road and I was passed by about two hundred other cyclists. Some said yes when I asked if they were with LIBC. (but they were either "A" or "B", not "C") Others said "New York City".

Anyway, I stopped and ate and smoked by a Horse Farm. Altogether, my ride took four hours.

I am riding 26"x2.125" slicks, and I have BMX handlebars on the bike. Combined with the handlebar basket and the rear panniers, I am not being aerodynamic.