View Single Post
Old 04-25-09, 07:05 AM
joshandlauri
Got another new bike

Bikes: pacific elite 3.1 w/upgrades and street slicks, got an iron horse maverick now, cannondale sr800, gt gtr pro rival

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Saturday Ride Report

Started about 6am, little cooler out than expected 53 degrees so I put on the UA shirt, Head out to hit 702 and take back river to rocky point, I haven't been there in years. I got to the park and headed to the beach, like a scene from a movie. As soon as I sat down a great blue heron was flying across the water right in front of me, so quiet all I could hear was waves. I stayed there for 15 minutes taking it in, I remember the beach was soooo much bigger years ago (maybe I was smaller also), on the way back I took a ride past my old house on back river neck road and checked out the pond in the back yard, then since I had no planned route I winged it and went up eastern to kane to dundalk. Turns out there was a flea market @ old dundalk shopping center, no bike stuff though. Then I headed home. Good ride, little slower pace, nice for a change. Got home @ exactly 8am wife was standing at the door with her bookbag on ready to go.

I really do like riding up back river neck rd, long spots of nothing but trees and no noise but my tires.

I'll do the same tommorow 530ish to 8ish, no route planned just gonna wing it, anyone wanna meet up let me know. Gotta squeeze in them rides where I can.

26 miles
1 hour 40 minutes
16.3 mph avg
29.3 max

http://veloroutes.org/bikemaps/?route=29590#

Last edited by joshandlauri; 04-25-09 at 07:09 AM.