View Single Post
Old 04-25-09, 01:16 PM
hannahmontana
Banned.

Location: You aren't too bright are you? I like that in a man.

Bikes: Trek Belleville

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spock
Yup...and they always tend to pass real close. Public transportation bus drivers do a much better job.
I will add, regarding school buses, that most seem to be driven by people with little training or skill. They appear to drive their bus for a couple of hours a day only and don't seem to have a good idea spacially where their vehicle is in relation to other things. Compare that to truckers of metro bus drivers who pilot their vehicle more in a day than the school bus drivers do in a week.

Another factor, I think, is the perception that because the school bus is filled with "precious" cargo, they are justified in driving in a way that maximizes their passage thru the streets and screw every body else. An example of this happened to me a cjouple of days ago when I was riding on a narrow street with cars parked on both sides. There was not enough room for 2 cars to pass each other, so people would wait til whoever was between the parked cars to exit before proceeding. Not the school bus dirvers though. They barge right in, forcing people to pull over or even back up.