View Single Post
Old 04-25-09, 04:04 PM
Lebowski
bikes are sexy

Bikes: [2008 specialized allez tripple], [2006 Specialized hardrock sport], [1998 Robinson Rebel], [1980's vintage schwinn ministing], [2008 specialized epic comp] - [2009 origin8 scout 29er], [2005 KHS DJ200]

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i do like rockshox products more than fox (i actually have last years fox fork on the epic and an 09 reba race on my 29er)

i am the proud owner of an 08 epic comp. it was a little disappointing at first, i was expecting the bike to be something it wasn't. it does what its meant to do. if you're looking for something that is strictly for XC and light trail riding look no further.

i ride XC pretty aggressive so the stumpjumper probably would have been a better buy for me, but i am six feet tall and 150 pounds so gravity is pretty kind to my bikes. i try and keep the epic on the ground anyway.

specialized is working on a 29er epic. for what thats worth if you want to wait.

the epic climbs like a hard tail and the rear suspension is responsive enough that i can sit down 80% of the time. the brain works.

Last edited by Lebowski; 04-25-09 at 04:08 PM. Reason: spelling