View Single Post
Old 04-27-09, 07:15 PM
Retro Grouch 

Bikes: Catrike 559 I own some others but they don't get ridden very much.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 364 Posts
Originally Posted by HIPCHIP
Actually, my LBS is really good. Rode the Sequoia and REALLY liked it. The fancy LBS that sells the high end stuff wants to spend 30 minutes just to do a quick set-up before you can even take the bike out for a quick putt, which may be good, but may be too much too. The LBS just down the street from me is being very helpful (of course the fact the employees have known my wife and kid for years probably doesn't hurt either) so I figure no matter what I do I will probably be doing well. Actually went to the LBS to say "Hi" and then was running over to the race oriented LBS to get some shoes. My LBS had great shoes at a better price, so I may actually be better off with the close one, but I'm still gonna look before I slap down the plastic!!
:}
There's your answer.

There's a lot more difference between bike shops than there is between bike brands. Once you find the right people (and it sounds like you have) buy a brand they sell and you'll never go wrong.

How many times are you going to feel comfortable going back to the fancy shop if the bike "just doesn't feel right"? How about your neighborhood shop?