Thread: Sciatica?
View Single Post
Old 04-29-09, 02:24 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1854 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 505 Posts
Originally Posted by spoke50
I have symptoms that seem to be related to this. I did a little heavy lifting (furniture) followed by a nice long climbing ride on Saturday and the next day I felt what I thought was just a little muscle pain. Today I've decided that it's a pinched nerve in my hip. Anyway, here are the symptoms - No pain in the mourning when I get out of bed, the longer I stay on my feet during the day the more it hurts, it's just in my right leg from the hip area to just below the knee on the front of the leg, doesn't hurt when I'm sitting, doesn't hurt when I ride (I did 25 miles yesturday and no pain). When I say pain I mean a sharp burning sensation. Everything I read says rest is the only cure, but that the last thing I can do.

Anybody felt this and if so how the heck did you get it to stop?
Every time my wife and I have had our sciatica flare up, it's involved pain down the back of the leg, not front.

Have you tried ibuprophen? Most such things involve reducing inflammation and providing the opportunity for recovery.