View Single Post
Old 05-05-09, 03:32 PM
geekrunner
Retro Grouch in Waiting

Bikes: 71 American Eagle semi-Pro, 72 Gitane Tour de France, 78 Fuji S10-S, 84 Club Fuji, '02 Gary Fisher Sugar 1,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Very interesting history of Ross bicycles! I just picked up a Ross Signature 292s 58cm from Indianapolis CL. It is a very deep burgundy color with a cream colored headtube indicating Ross, built in Allentown, PA. The frame in general is in pretty good condition, with a few scratches and some other color stuff to rub off of it. The owner was apparently just beginning to flip bikes, as he originally listed the bike at $45, then when he got deluged with calls, he pulled his phone number from the listing and jacked the price up to $75. I'm not convinced he knew what he had. It was not all original, and had a sloppy bar wrap job. Component wise, it has Sugino GS 130bcd crank, Shimano 105 aero brake levers, Dia-Compe black single pivot sidepull brakes, black Suntour Sprint rear derailleur, an older Shimano silver front derailleur, black stem and drop bars, black alloy seat post. Wheelset has Mavic hubs laced to Araya hard anno semi-aero 700c rims.

I really like how it looks, but it is almost too small for me. I generally ride 60-62cm frames. As soon as I can get a better look at it and get pics, I'll post back.

geek