Old 05-08-09, 09:44 PM
G0L0UD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I used to ride a tri/tt bike just for the sake of riding because my aunt gave me her old cannondale multisport and it really got me involved in the sport. Then when I went to buy a bike of my own I bought a tri/tt bike because it's all I knew at the time. I finally decided I wanted to start racing this year (time trials) and bought some new aerobars and brake levers that basically made my bike not very fun to ride in any other situation but straight non technical courses. So then I bought a road bike so I could ride in groups and around the city and sometimes on the MUP (gasp). By the time I was around to my first time trial I was already addicted to the road bike and the group rides and signed up for two upcoming crits.

Long story short, I guess I was a one of the minority in which I was riding my tri/tt bike for the sake of one day time trialing.

I would say a sign that the person is most likely doing a triathlon would be if thier seat to aerobars drop is zero cm, or the bars are rotated upward, I take that as a sign of they just want to be comfortable for long distances.