DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Gardner
[back on topic]

Denver, I agree, I miss the days were there was 100 - 150 "regulars", and I knew everyone, and there story. It was like "cheers". Now we have 2500 "regulars", that is, 2500 registered members log into the forums each day on avg. Thats a big group of people, but only 10% of the whole community.

The one thing I really miss about the old cheers-like community is the respectfulness shown to other members. Somehow, this was lost in the last year or two. I'm not sure what we can do to get it back.

The community becomes what you put into it, I think if more members made an effort to get to know each other, the quality of posts would go up, and you would find more groups of like minded people enjoying themselves on the forum. My goal, is to create an environment were that can take place. Are more forums the answer? I don't think so, but i could be wrong.

I'm more then welcome to suggestions, some suggestions are un-reasonable, but I'll listen and at least think about each suggestion that comes my way.
How about allowing a forum, such as the 50+ or recreational or ?? to be broader?

The current moderator action is to move out whatever the moderator deems is not precisely "50+" to some other forum, where it gets lost within the myriad of posts of that forum.

A sort of comprehensive "mini-forum" where we could discuss nutrition, etc., without the fear of its being "moved" - 50+rs could discuss nutrition, or whatever as could roadies or recs or BMX'ers.

I guess my thought is, that with obvious exceptions (an intro post asking info about a specific road bike, for example) most folks put their posts in a particular place for a reason, even if they don't state that reason in the Post's title or even in the text.

In defense, I have started adding "for 50+rs" in the title of all my posts in the 50+ forum, and I suppose rec and roadies and mtn bikers might need to do the same, or it gets moved.

Just some thoughts!

Last edited by DnvrFox; 02-04-05 at 06:39 PM.