Old 05-10-09, 12:15 PM
wrob0026

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is it possible to use Campy Record Wheelset on Dura-Ace Bike

Main Question:

I would like to purchase a pair of 9-10 speed Campagnolo record open pro wheels. Is it possible to use a dura-ace 7700 cassettte on them? If not and if I used a 9 speed campy cassette on them, would the wheelset then work on my bike that is dura-ace 7700? Would this cause any issues? Any other options?

Background Information Below:

I have a Dura-Ace 7700, 9 speed, Litespeed Palemeras. I have two projects for it; redo the paint job and upgrade the components.

I just realized that I do not the money for the upgrades for this year, so I just want to get this bike in shape and start riding.

I bought the Palemeras used without wheels. I already have an open-pro dura-ace 7800 rear wheel and dura-ace 7700 front wheel.

After reading, I realized that the rear 7800 hub is not compatible with a 7700 cassette. So my goal is to sell these wheels and purchase a pair of 9 speed compatible wheels.

I would like to purchase a pair of 9-10 speed Campagnolo open pro wheels. Is it possible to use a dura-ace 7700 cassette on them? If not and if I used a 9 speed campy cassette, would the wheelset work on my bike that is dura-ace 7700?

I was planning on upgrading everything to dura-ace 7800 components. I bought the 7800