Old 05-11-09, 08:28 AM
TechKnowGN

Bikes: 2009 Fuji Newest 1.0, 2011 Trek 3900 Disc MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I take it back, splits are up now. They got them up just a bit ago. My final time was 2:06:43

I came in last by about 14 minutes. However, I wasn't the slowest at any one area.

My times:

300y Swim: 11:02 - This is probably close to a personal best for the distance, even with the slow pool. I beat 2 people in the swim.
T1: 2:03 - I had to dry off, sit down to put on shoes, and then put on my shirt. My transition was faster than at least 1/4 of the participants, but the area was not very busy when I got into it
11 Mile Bike: 1:05:07 - That's right, I averaged 10.1 mph on the bike. Which for me is a HUGE victory. I still haven't been putting in the kind of work I need to on the bike, but I will be for the next 2 months FOR SURE!
T2: 1:13 - Sadly, I can't blame my transition times for any delays, because frankly, I rocked the transitions. Under 4 minutes in transition in only my 2nd Tri is excellent.
5k Run: 46:48 - My 5k last race was 47 minutes on a much easier walking course that I hadn't pushed myself as hard through the bike section on.

Looking at my results in comparison to the other competitors, it's clear that the area I can make up the most time on is the bike. I am sure I would have been faster without the flat, but it really comes down to more miles and more speed. I need to do more hill work, and kick some butt in the pool.