Old 05-11-09, 09:59 PM
toolbear

Bikes: HP Velotechnik Scorpion FS trike, Specialized FSRxc Expert, Swissbike LX folding hardtail, Dahon Speed 7 folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I see you are from Olympia. How is the rain?

I live in Anacortes, but NOT in the winter. We will start our migration north early June from SoCal.

Which set of Redwoods did you have in mind? They run a long way south from the Oregon border. You can find them at down Lime Kiln SP, CA, below Big Sur. Bunch of trails out of Santa Cruz, CA.

I have to stop in Santa Rosa, CA, so I downloaded trails there. Austin Creek SRA is in my ride book. That's redwood country. There is a lot of mountain biking over at Annadel State Park - but it's not redwoods.

There is a nice rail to trail from Santa Rosa to the west - the Joe Rodota Trail.

If you hit Monterey, CA, there is a lot of singletrack there on a former military reservation.

@@@

I plan to hit a whole collection of rail/trail conversions on the way north in June. Your wife might like those.

Some of the interesting ones: Bizz Johnson Trail in Susanville. The Woods Line out of Klamath Falls up to Sycan Marsh. The Row River Trail at Cottage Grove. Trails on the Wilamette River in Eugene.

Thinking we might go to Moab in September via Montana, I found two very interesting ones up there -

Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes (72 miles) and the Route of the Hiawatha - both off I-90 in the Idaho Panhandle. The ROH, with trestles and tunnels looks like a great ride. Check out the videos.