View Single Post
Old 05-13-09, 12:44 PM
mad5427

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Campy front derailleur question

I just bought a new frame and want to transfer all my current components over. I currently have all 9 speed Campy parts. It has a 39/53 Veloce Crankset and a 13-26, 9 speed cassette. The rear derailleur is Veloce and the front derailleur is Daytona, braze-on.

In the short term, I'd like to just transfer my current setup over. The only incompatibility is that my current frame is a braze on front and this new frame would need to be clip on. So, I'm assuming I need to buy a new front derailleur. My long term goal would be to upgrade to all 10 speed Centaur parts, but there is no timetable on it and it's unnecessary as my current components are in great shape. I just figure that if I have to buy anything new, I might as well make it work if I do decide to upgrade to 10 speed Centaur.

Will a brand new Centaur 10 speed front derailleur work with my current 9 speed setup? The crankset I'd be buying down the road would be the exact same 39/53 double setup that I have now.

Or, should I just buy a 9 speed Campy front derailleur that clips on instead of braze-on just to get me by until I make the full component switch to 10 speed?