Old 05-14-09, 06:08 AM
HC203

Bikes: Madone 08,Trek520,Bianchi Pista,Raleigh Tandem,Cdale SuperV

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by greaterbrown
Argh! Not fair, but very glad you made it through safely.

In my opinion, no one is ever really safe. But I believe that tomorrow you'll be as safe as you were before this happened. Take Harry's advice: change up your route, keep your wits about you and try to re-imagine your ride before today. I will too. -GB
I second that. Not like these guys are waiting around just for you, they have others to harass and even though criminals do case people, look for patterns of easy prey, they are first and foremost opportunists, which is probably what you were, an opportunity for quick cash. But still mix it up. So many students around there, not sure where you live but maybe cruise up past Lafayette or stay on Mount Royal longer.
I once lived at the end of Park right near North, that was considered the DMZ at the time, go no further, of course now things have changed a bit, especially with MICA marching up to North Ave.
You may have been cased but most likely wrong place at the wrong time, guy on a funny looking bike.

BTW-I'm trying to help my friend Bennett plan a Memorial Day Weekend tour. He's heading from Arlington up to Gettysburg then to my house. Then I hope to ride with him to Annapolis on Monday. From Gettysburg he wants to head east and south, so I have a route from Coduras SP which jumps on the NCR. If any of you have route directly from Gettysburg proper east to New Freedom then south-please post. He doesn't want direct, looking for an 80+ ride.

Last edited by HC203; 05-14-09 at 06:11 AM.