IronMac
Dead Men Assume...

Bikes: Bike Friday NWT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flic
Yeah I know I havn't toured on a bicycle before, I just don't really think it will be that hard...
It's not.

I havn't really figured how to put it on the bike yet, but I'm thinking probably bungy, or maybe we have pack attachment straps at work which might work, but maybe the bungy would be quicker.
Bungies are quicker but I don't know how secure they are. I always see them lying in the road when I'm riding along. I like using nylon straps with buckles that you have to thread the end through. This will allow you to adjust the tension to how tight or loose you need it. Mine are about a metre long and they've only failed me once.

Um riding the bike, now thats an interesting one... not really would be the short answer! I've been being soooo lazy! Well thats not entirely true, I mean I've been working every day and its been mid 30s, and I know that would be good weather to be practising in, but uh yeah... so um clocking up the miles hasn't been going too well...
This is the sort of info/revelation that makes all of us naysayers wonder how serious you are about this trip.

Spares I have are two tubes, a puncture repair kit which has tyre levers in it, amerferanga said I needed three tyre levers, but then I got told you only need to use them one at a time anyway so two would be enough (?)
Two is more than enough. I don't see why anyone would actually need three unless there's something I've been missing in fixing more than two dozen punctures in my entire lifetime.