Old 01-23-07, 08:09 AM
CHenry

Bikes: A bunch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flic
Yeah I'm stayin at Tallat harb... pretty central location I reckon. Put Edward together last night by myself without a hitch, except for the fact that the bloody pump didn't fit. I know I know I was meant to check it before i left but I ran out of time. Its like the valve doesn't fit on my tube because my valves are more like motorbike valves apparently... I got a new pump, but its pretty big! Its like one of those foot pumps you know! But no matter. On the way to the bikeshops I was lucky enough to discover that the twiddly part ont he quickrelease wheel can fall off if yu don't d them up... so i was able to sort that out there too... I was pretty happy about that, because if it hadn't happened I wouldn't have known, and might have lost the part when I wasn't able to get a new one for like a dollar... Book the bus ticket for the morning so i'm headed to the desert hopefully.... everythin's goin well :-)
Check the valve at the end of your pump. See if it unscrews and has a reversible part inside that will then allow you to use it on a schrader-type valve (it is like a car valve, wide with a rubber or metal stem and a little pin valve in the center). If so, your pump is OK.