Old 05-17-09, 02:02 AM
rodar y rodar
weirdo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Plumas County info, please?

Hi, all. Google was already a pretty good help for me, but it left a few questions unanswered- maybe somebody here can fill me in. The main thing I`m wondering about is the condition of the Beckwourth/Genesee and Beckwourth/Taylorsville roads. Are they paved? Graded? Still likely to be snowed in next month? I`m kind of hoping they`re paved, but as long as they aren`t full scale Jeep trails or endless washboard I can slap some fat tires on and I`ll probably take one of those routes anyway. The maps also show a few options for Genesee to Quincy and Cromberg- would any of those be a better choice?

What I`m trying to find is a nice route (three days worth or so) home from Lassen NP to Reno near the middle of next month. 395 looks decent, but not particularly interresting. Also, I really prefer to avoid the section of 70/89 from the junction of the two up to Keddie, so I don`t want to take the highways all the way through Quincy, Portola, etc. Any other routes I might be missing? Related suggestions? Thanks.

EDIT: I thought I`d add that I plan to be riding midweek. And it looks like Genesse to Janesville is paved- correct? Maybe that`s my best shot if it`s nasty to Beckwourth.

Last edited by rodar y rodar; 05-17-09 at 02:15 AM.