Old 05-18-09, 07:05 AM
TinyBear

Bikes: Giant Boulder SE, Giant Seek1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
I Used to have a problem a while back at the old place. Folks owned a pretty big place in a very snobby neighbor hood. The whole neigbor hood was a bunch of snobby pensil pushers and i was just a Diesel mechanic for a living.

I had a big old Diesel Ford truck i was building up and a really old Diesel VW i used to commute in the winter and when the truck was dissabled. Every morning my neigbor would complain as i started any of my cars about, the small plumes of black smoke from my tail pipes. He would complain of the smell, the sound, and how much damage i was doing to the enviroment and the property values. But because both vehicals were mobile and got used regularly and were fully safe for the road he never could do more than complain (tryed). Still it got real annoying so i decided to make his life even worse when i sent the truck to get painted (i was a teenager).

I sent my truck for painting and parked my VW at the shop and started bringing my service truck home from work during the week.

My service truck was MUCH worse than any of my cars lol. It was a retired short school bus with a worn out 6.9L V8 N/A Diesel. It NEVER started without the assist of either (makes the exhaust stink real bad i cant stand it and im a diesel mechanic LOL), and would leave clouds thick black smoke every morning. Also being a N/A motor it was MUCH louder than even my modifyed Diesel Pickup and took alot longer to warm up too boot. The trans in it was on the way out and it WOULD NOT shift till it was near readline.

Man that ever piss him off LOL. Only did it for a month till my truck was finished but sure was funny. Got my truck home and NEVER had a complaint again.

Now i live in a muh better area (less snoby) and all my veichals are much newer but even still i have had that old VW here for a year once and it NEVER moved and i never had a single complaint about it. Sadly my big old ford truck i sold to help get this place but eh.