View Single Post
Old 05-19-09, 12:41 PM
Mr_Christopher
insert witty comment here

Bikes: 2016 Specialized AWOL, 2011 Electra Bike Ticino, '09 Trek 7.2 FX, Peugeot UE 18

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think Summer's attitude towards anyone who didn't think like him as well as his moronic anti-bike lane propaganda ("bike lanes kill people") and those sickening pictures he'd post on his blog to prove that bike lanes kill people was just over the top. He might as well have posted pictures of people killed in an intersection and concluded traffic lights kill people. Furthermore, writing off the BFOC crowd as a bunch of "hipsters" (as if that was something bad) contributed to the "philosophical differences" as well.

And the financial flood gates are opening in Dallas in terms of money for bike lanes (and city leadership that wants them). They have cash in hand, not a ton but it's a start. I think we're going to see significant improvements in terms of bike lanes and related infrastructure in the next few years. Angela Hunt wants cycling in Dallas to be a significant feature and she and mayor Tom are both outspoken advocates of bike lanes and want to see Dallas recognized as being a very bike friendly city.

I'm hoping this will be an exciting decade for cycling in Dallas.