delver
Toeclips are real

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by stachemaster
Hey! I resemble that remark!

What makes my experiences of touring cross-country on a dumpstered fixed-gear conversion (albeit a px-10) with little mechanical knowledge any less remarkable than that of an "experienced tourer"? .
Its not less remarkable, its probably more. But for this ride it would just have more drama and comedy potential, which would be great for a film.
For what its worth, I have a virtualy Zero dollar outlay policy on my bicycles, at least untill the student loans are paid off.

[In fact, if it was all pro riders or "Adventure-Cycling certified Cat1 tourers" () the ride wouldn't be very interesting at all.]

exactly. That is the basis of my theory about this. Nothing I deeply believe, just speculation. Heck I don't really believe it, much.
I was imagining most of the roll your own smoking, PBR drinking cool kids whose bikes I work on doing something like this and saw the documentary/editing possibilitys. It would be a laugh riot, though note I did say that there was no reason that they could not.
I admit that I am generalizing the hipster genre, and also admit that many of my hipster friends can out last and out sprint me, Not in a pissing contest about who can tour here. Touring is after all, mostly about just riding a bike. Mostly. But I should like to se a group of "adventure cycling certified cat one tourers" participating in an allycat, wouldn't you?

Yeah, I did scope the fest site, but will take your advise and look more closely. I was looking more at the vodka companys ads, imagining that they are the ones paying for it, they would have some say in the creative proccess.

If it were me doing a documentary thing like that, it would kind of look like "Lord of the flys" on bikes, as written by Thorne Smith.

Finaly

[You're holding yourself to a pretty high standard for a bike ride]

Not a high standard, just recognizing that it would be less interesting to film me doing something like this than it would be to film some others. Not trying to sound elitist(I ride a bike with a freewheel cluster, not real cutting edge, am in general a slow riding goofball), just speculating. Really not looking to step on any toes or piss anyone off. For penance I will ride my fixed gear to the post office today, with all my packages tied to it

Last edited by delver; 05-20-09 at 07:43 AM.