Old 05-20-09, 09:58 AM
sekaijin

Bikes: 2000 Litespeed Classic, 1984 Schwinn LeTour, 1998 Gary Fisher Marlin, 1969 Hercules, 1977 Sekai 5000 Superlite, 1993 Koga-Myata TerraLiner, 2013 Trek Farley.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Barker
One tip learned the hard way - always put your chain on the big ring when removing pedals
Yes, this ... and frayed cables ... and wrenches that slip ... there's always something to keep my hands nicked up.

Originally Posted by Dawes-man
A guy had left his bicycle at the local station one night as he'd been drinking... or maybe it'd been raining so he decided to walk home. The next day he went to collect it on another bike and was riding home holding the stem of the other bike as he went. He fell off and the brake lever of the bike he was holding went into his eye, killing him instantly.
I'm still alive, but something like that heppened to me ... I was out riding and I came upon a garage sale where I bought a bike. I started off down the seller's driveway, riding my bike and holding the stem of the garage sale bike, feeling great about a nice score. When I got to the base of the driveway, I was unable to turn because the two bikes' cables and handlebars had hooked up.

Fortunately this did not result in instant death as in the Tokyo story, but minor bruises and major embarrassment!