View Single Post
Old 05-21-09, 06:41 PM
degnaw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Citizen78
But after reading a bunch of 'dummy driver on phone threads' it has occurred to me that these people are probably bad drivers all the time.
This same exact situation happened to me a few weeks ago; since the lane was wide enough to share (2 feet away, which is fine at low speeds) I just came to a stop next to the car. The driver was, incidentally, not on a cell phone.

What I have noticed is that a higher proportion of cell phone users seem to be more patient, as though the cell phone distracts the driver from the fact that they're being slowed down by 30mph or more. Very few people follow me across the crest of a hill (I'm sometimes going as slow as 5mph on these) or around a blind corner, and the vast majority of them seem to be on cell phones.

Originally Posted by Itsjustb
I always use my turn signals
I caught myself using a turn signal while turning into my garage once, in my driveway (I've since been trying to cut back)

Originally Posted by jl0703
I think on tomorrows commute (20 miles RT), I'm going to count how many drivers I see talking on their cell phones. I'm expecting this number to be suprisingly high.
I've counted before while walking home (I used to do that a lot). Typically it's 1/4 or 1/5 (the proportion).