View Single Post
Old 05-24-09, 10:13 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Two Assaults on MM in one week!

The first one was Monday and was the traditional Assault on Mt Mitchell. It was 102 miles with 11,000 ft of climbing and included a crash, broken spoke and incredible views!!

The second was yesterday's Assault on Morrow Mountain which has become a training favorite. It's 100+ miles and is about 6000 ft of climbing and includes a short climb up Morrow Mountain at the half way point. Three others and myself rode 20+ miles to the route and then waited for a larger group just doing the metric to come by. We jumped in when the front group of 20 or so came by-which included PAlt. The only downside was I forgot my Garmin so I don't know how my HR was doing-although there were a couple times I was gasping pretty good!!

What surprised me the most was being completely recovered from Monday's ride. Some credit has to go to the R4.

Sprinkle in a couple shorter rides and it's been a darn good week.

It's interesting how cycling fitness progresses. Just two-three weeks ago I was struggling on the longer rides much, much more than normal. I'm now beginning to see some signs of distinct progress-I'm not where I want to be but am seeing progress. I'm sure that not having my training buddy earlier in the year who pushed the pace has slowed my normal progression.

The new bike(s) might be helping as well-just a little more motivation for getting out on the road.

Ahh-the ups and down and riding!!!