Old 05-25-09, 02:08 PM
haningp

Bikes: Huffy Blackwater

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steena
Hello, I'm new to all of this and posted this morning to the 'Introduction' about my frustration with so-called 'group' rides. I just now checked out the regional and found this post. I'm in Columbus and was wondering if there are any novice rides, no drop rides, D rides (which I guess is my category) or women's no drop rides/novice rides out there? I've only been cycling for a year and only have 500+ miles on my bike because my work hours prevented my riding last season. I'd like to find people to ride with who will not be "put off" about my 11-12-13-14 mph speed. I've been disappointed with the culture in cycling where speed is all that matters. Thanks for your time, 'Steena
I think you might enjoy riding with the Westerville bike club on your weekend and weekday rides. The Wednesday evening rides would fit what you are looking for as there are a lot of people riding at all paces. We have two ride leaders, one of whom always rides with the D pace group. The rides usually consist of three routes varying in length from 20+ miles to 40 miles. There are also shorter routes that are well marked (arrows painted on the roads). With so many riders, paces and routes, no one rides alone unless they chose to. The club also has many rides on weekends and a morning ride every Monday. There are other clubs in the area that also have rides you might consider but I'm most familar with the Westerville club. You can check all this out on the website at http://www.westervillebicycleclub.org